Siberian Baseball

Thursday, June 21, 2007

... And Shooter McGavin as the Yankee Clipper

Following a link off of another site today for the upcoming ESPN miniseries The Bronx is Burning - don't worry, I haven't seen any advertising for it yet either, but I'm willing to bet that ESPN will more than remedy that in the next four days - I stumbled across something wonderful.

In addition to having Oliver Platt playing who I assume to be Steinbrenner from the official site's cover art, I kept scolling down to see who'd be playing the leads as the 1977 Yankees, I kept needing to click to see who was who.

Needless to say, I stopped when I saw Joe DiMaggio being played by Christoper McDonald, the handsome gentleman pictured to the right and best known as Shooter McGavin.

Having played Mel Allen in 61* - and doing a god job there - I can't see why this won't work, especially playing an aging Joe D. I mean, it's not like they need McDonald to play center while the camera rolls or anything.

Still, I'll be sitting and waiting for that turning point in the season when DiMaggio called Billy Martin (as played by John Turturro) to gather the team together before a tough series in July. It was there, gathered under the seats of Yankee Stadium, where he looked every man on the team in the eye and told them, "I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast."

(Image from: MovieVillains.com)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home