Siberian Baseball

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Don't call it a comeback

I usually shy away from traditional "link dump" posts on both the blogs because if I ever got started, lazy would become the word of the year around here.

For a really good link, I'll make the exception.

Thanks to the incomparable Ballhype, I came across a New York Times article about Kerry Wood's rehab and it's wildly different than I'd been led to believe by the Heckler. Let me take a breath, that was a lot of cyber-name dropping for me.

So, Wood is in Arizona working to come back to the majors and between the story and the multimedia presentation, I dare you not to start pulling for the guy, unless you have a small, cold, White Sox supporting heart.

The really interesting part was the time spent on digging up who was "really" to blame for his spectacular flame out. I tend to think that regardless of who would have stepped up to tell Wood to change his throwing motion, he would have blown them off and he says as much.

As an added bonus, enjoy watching all of your favorite pitchers after reading this story (at least watch the quick video... please?). You'll swear they are all a few pitches away from disaster.

As a bonus, here's a pretty clever posting on English to SABR from a few weeks back. Just like Wood, it's time for a fresh start.

(Photo from JSOnline.com)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home