Siberian Baseball

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

John Challis 1990-2008

John Challis died Tuesday afternoon after battling cancer and spreading his message of optimism and the joys in life as his story spread through MLB and professional sports in general.

From the Post Gazette obituary:

When asked a few weeks ago how he would like to be remembered, John said, "I could see people having some beers and hopefully remembering how I always tried my best, no matter what I was doing. That's my message just for people to always do their best, no matter what they're doing or how stupid it might seem. And no matter what, there will always be a reward, no matter how small it is."

The web site for John's foundation is www.courageforlifefoundation.org. Donations can be made through the web site.

(Image from: Post-Gazette.com)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home