Siberian Baseball

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Twin Cities sees uptick in wheelchair thefts

In the land of ice and nice, it's a big deal when people don't act in a manner that would please their parents, so it shocked me to see that a wheelchair was stolen at the Metrodome during last night's Twins-Sox game.

When Danny e-mailed everyone, I saw the Kare 11 web address and knew it was something strange and something from the Twin Cities. I never would have guessed that it would be for this.

I know what you're thinking - Where the hell is the security tape? - well, right here.

Note the helpful stadium attendant who opens the doors for the thief. It just goes to show you that someone stupid enough to steal a wheelchair is also too stupid to operate a door. My guess is that there are too many moving parts.

As for the victim of the theft, he's taking things pretty well, but just wants his chair back.

"It helps me get places. I have much more freedom with it. I can do things with my friends a lot easier," says Sam. "Just no hard feelings. Just bring it back."

I'm at a loss for words. You know, aside from the ones already here. Wow.

(Image from: Blogtown.PortlandMercury.com)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home