Siberian Baseball

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Nostra-dumbass

Well, I racked up a staggering 1-for-4 in the prognostication department, proving that I need to a.) never gamble a significant amount of money on any sporting event and b.) the dangers of doing "quick picks" on one's lunch hour.

For the record, here are my preseason predictions for the National and American leagues, respectively. Those weren't a total bloodbath, but they left much to be desired. Thank God I didn't try to predict a World Series winner that far out.

On the plus side, I placed the Reds dead-on in the NL Central, but that made me very happy on the personal side of things because of the comments section. This isn't to start a flame war, by any means and I pop over to Diamond Hoggers from time to time, but damn it, it was about the only prediction that stuck all year - sorry guys.

So, enjoy your Cy Young matchup with Josh Beckett and CC Sabathia on Friday night, where I should have cable television in the new apartment in Chicago.

Things will be hectic here with the move - stay tuned, there should be plenty to post this weekend.

(Image from: rwongphoto.com)

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • I looked back at my old predictions - while it was bad, it could have been worse.

    http://frankthetank.wordpress.com/2007/03/30/south-side-story-frank-the-tanks-2007-major-league-baseball-preview/

    I had the Red Sox going the distance, which is what I still think will happen. The Phillies and Indians were my other two correct playoff picks, although my belief in the White Sox got the best of me. My proudest pick, though, was the Brewers for the NL Central - even though that didn't ultimately come to fruition, it at least verified that I wasn't insane in thinking that was a decent team.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Tuesday, October 09, 2007 11:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home