Siberian Baseball

Friday, October 05, 2007

For all those who miss Harry

Are you a frustrated Cubs fan, longing for the days when a gargantuan payroll wasn't needed to blow a playoff series?

Miss the old days?

Just a sucker for a rambling old man telling stories that make you scratch your head and ask, "Huh?"

Have I got a deal for you.

Hello Again Everybody is a DVD out in time for the holidays that serves as a tribute to the late Harry Caray. If you're not keeping current with Iowa public television on your TiVo, you probably missed this, but at least it has a web site now.

I recommend Mike Ditka's short clip on the site where he is apparently just told to talk and that the producers would fix the visible lighting later in post-production.

I'd be lying if I didn't say that I want this DVD for Christmas this year. I need to know if there's a Harry and Elvis picture like the Nixon and Elvis photo op - also I need a greater respect for orphans as promised by Art Norman.

Check out the "trailer" which is really a video of a newscast that ran in Chicago.

Who could say no to this with Dutchie Caray's sterling testimonial - "I guess if anybody sees it, they'll really enjoy it."

Well, say no more - I'm sold.

(Image from WGN Broadcasting)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home