Siberian Baseball

Thursday, January 04, 2007

How did I miss this?

Big thanks to The Girl who asked me, "Did you see who the Twins signed today?"

No, I hadn't. The mystery man? Sidney Ponson, the clown prince of Baltimore.

Signed to a minor-league deal, Ponson has been better known for running afoul of the law and refusing to lose weight lately, but an arm is an arm in Minneapolis these days.

Go check his bio, this dude's been around.

My favorite bit of Ponson trivia revolves around his Christmas vacation in 2005 when he reportedly punched a judge on he beach in his native Aruba. On Christmas Day... punched a judge...

The kicker was he was in better shape from a week in the joint than he was left to his own devices as a major league pitcher preparing for the season. Oh, Sid...

Welcome to the Dome, Dougboy.

(Photo from MSNBC.com)

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

  • Thank GOD you got rid of Radke to make room for the guy I always have to think of as "No, not Sidney Poitier, Sidney Ponson. I wonder who has a better fastball... focus!"

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Thursday, January 04, 2007 8:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home