Siberian Baseball

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Oh, I'm sorry... You were saying?

Sorry for the break here, but the start of the football season caught my attention for a moment there. When I neglect the baseball blog in the middle of the pennant race, I feel like someone who drifts off in a big meeting and then notices everyone staring at them.

So, I'm sorry. You were saying?

Today, I'll pass along this link of great baseball quotes, some of which I'd never seen before.

I liked the Harry Caray joke about bears on the pill, but my favorite has to be this one from Dizzy Dean, "There is a commotion in the stands. I think it has something to do with a fat lady... I've just been informed that the fat lady is the Queen of Holland."

If that happened today, there'd be endless coverage of the ensuing international chaos.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home