Siberian Baseball

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Cardiac is a stupid word

The Cardiac Kids.

The Cardiac Cardinals.

The Cardiac Cubs.

Every year, there's a team that picks up the Cardiac Moniker and every year it annoys me to no end.

This year, the Chicago media seem dead set on selling us on the Cardiac Cubs. Still, it was pretty entertaining to see this story on the Chicago Tribune's site this morning posing the very real question - Could the Chicago Cubs really kill you?

Aside from instantly picturing Lou's recovery in the hospital in Major League, I also thought of a famous quote from Red Sox Nation that, "The Red Sox killed my father and now they are coming after me."

I'm not sure if those numbers are still valid when the only time Chicago's magic number moves in a given week is with a Milwaukee loss.

(Image from: CNN.net)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home