Siberian Baseball

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Hank Aaron has a good sense of perspective

The word out of Atlanta is that Hank Aaron is probably the person in baseball who is least upset by the Alex Rodriguez flap and talk of returning the home run record to him.

From Terence Moore's column (via Deadspin):

“If you did that, you’d have to go back and change all kinds of records, and the [home run] record was very important to me,” Aaron said. “It’s probably the most hallowed record out there, as far as I’m concerned, but it’s now in the hands of somebody else. It belongs to Barry. No matter how we look at it, it’s his record, and I held it for a long time. But my take on all of this has always been the same. I’m not going to say that Barry’s got it because of this or because of that, because I don’t know.”

I hope someone cuts this out of the newspaper and leaves it for the '72 Dolphins to read.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home